Thursday, November 14, 2013

I Hate The Elliptical

I hate the elliptical.  The round and round motion throws me off balance and sometimes I suddenly stop and yet the foot pad shoots up and throws me off to the side.  Maybe it's just that I'm uncoordinated?

Running.  I'd much rather run. 

I can see my body sunning in my head and if I close my eyes I can feel the treadmill under me, running smoothly with my feet hitting it.  I run fast and hard and far.  Then I slow down and job, looking around.  I push myself and run hard again and see myself crossing a finish line to victory.

I want to run again.  I want to feel my legs tired from exerting.  I want to feel the strength in my legs carry me over miles and miles.  I want to sweat and get red faced and all the other things that I complained about. 

Instead, I walk.  Walk quickly for 30-40 minutes and get on that elliptical for 10 minutes.  But everyone starts somewhere, right?

1 comment:

  1. I feel you, I hate the elliptical too (and I have the "holy crap, I'm about to fly off" moments!) :/ but the doctor does not allow me to run, so it's all I have. I try to just walk a ton to balance it out.

    ReplyDelete