Tuesday, August 27, 2013

???; Auntie's Day In with Alison

It's no secret, I love my nieces and nephews.  I love that Pete came with a niece and nephew also.  It started out with Alison, my sister's daughter.  I used to borrow her a lot when she was a baby and toddler.  It migrated to me taking Alison and her brother Grant each out for a day with me in the summer to do whatever they wanted.  Auntie's Day Out.  Love it.

This summer?  What, you mean there was a summer?  I totally feel like I missed out on any summer with planning for surgery, having surgery and recovering.  So it's the week before school starts around here and we haven't done Auntie's Day Out.

I talked to Alison, who is now 11, and told her that I still don't do a whole lot and sometimes I nap.  I offered to just have her come to my house for the day and hang out with me.  She was game.  At this point, I'm not sure if she's excited to spend time with me or is only putting up with me so she can spend time with Nico.  Either way, we'll take it.

I planned on going to the craft tore for a project, but that never happened.  Honestly, we stopped at the grocery for lunch items (grilled cheese), dinner items (ham, mac & cheese and corn) and wet home.  I was tired and sore already.

We (and by we, I mean me) made lunch.  Grilled cheese for Alison, grilled cheese & tomato for me) and cleaned up.  We set ourselves up in my bed, where Alison watched a 90 minute movie and I slept.  We got up and baked some cookie dough we bought and then cut veggies to make refrigerator pickles.  By that time it was dinner which we (again, me) cooked and ate.  Then it was time to take Alison home.

I came home at 7:30 and Pete was right behind me.  We chatted and he left to go take shake mix to a client and I headed to bed. 

Auntie's Day In totally wore me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment