Sunday, July 07, 2013

A Letter To My Boobs

Dear Boobs,

We've been together for 33 years. I remember when you showed up.  I was confused and not very happy about it. I wanted to chose to wear that cotton/elastic bra or not. But I found that in polite society in the 70's that wasn't done. So that bra stayed, and many more followed. 

When I look back I tried to think if the things you did for me or brought me. My first reaction was that you brought nothing to my life. But if that's the case, I shouldn't be so emotional about losing you. 

Reality is, you help define me as a woman. You announce to others, along with other features, that I am a woman. That's a powerful thing. So losing you makes me question will others be able to recognize me as a woman?  How will I define myself when you're gone?  

I'm sad you're leaving. You're a big part of me.  But you have to go. I can't live life wondering if that 6 month scan will reveal cancer that results in more surgery, chemo and radiation. I can't wonder when it will happen because its not a matter if if, but when it happens. 

So I'm saying goodbye boobs. You'll be gone in a couple of days. Ill have some replacements for you. Please understand and wish the new ones well. 

Love,
Michelle. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I hope everything goes well. Good thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as always!

    ReplyDelete