Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday

I'm casually dating the scale again.  So I'm participating in Weigh In Wednesday.  Hopefully doing so will keep me somewhat accountable to the scale, but only once a week.
button
  I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  I found some really inspiring blogs through this link up.  Take some time and read.  Find people who are where you are in your journey and connect by comments, email or whatever.  Just find someone who you can relate to and learn from or with.

I'm 188.  Precious 3 pounds away from losing 100 pounds.  At times I feel as though I'll never get there.  And other times (don't shoot me), I'm not worried about it.  It will come if it's supposed to, right?  Maybe I am worried about it?

My admission:  I haven't been to the gym in about 6 weeks.  First it was a migraine, then the whole neck/shoulder/back thing.  Then it was the biopsy and not wanting to jiggle my chest.  And honestly, now I just don't feel like it.  I can't seem to muster the energy to do so.  I want to.  I have new shoes that I haven't even tried out yet.

Baby steps.  Baby steps. 

I did starting taking all the vitamins and supplements again this week.  I think the Vitamin D and super B complex will help with some energy.  My goal is to be getting up and walking/jogging 3 days a week.  I've noticed that my weight isn't changing, but my thighs are bigger because my jeans are tight.  So I need to do something.  Anything.  3 days a week I can do, right?

I'm worried, ya'll (I know I'm from Minnesota, but ya'll seems to fit so well here).  I'm worried that I will have these mastectomies and reconstruction that will leave me sitting at home with nothing to do but eat bon bons, watching reality TV (are soap operas on anymore?) and by the end of the process 6-12 weeks later I'll have gained 50 pounds and lost 25 pounds of muscle.  I worked hard to get here and don't know how exercising fits into mastectomy surgery.  It's one of the things that keeps me from sleeping at night and makes me burst into tears in the Nutella aisle at Costco.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:19 AM

    I have no idea of what you're going through in your journey, but I have to tell you that even if you gain it all back and then some you know how to loose weight. You know how to get back where you are now. You know how to eat healthy. So kick this in the booty. When you started loosing weight it was so you could get healthy and this surgery is doing the same thing. Keeping you healthy. I will pray for you and hope that whatever is to come you are able to overcome it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you can switch up the type of workouts you do? I spent many years in the gym (still train 2x a week) but I finally decided that running wasn't going to be my thing....maybe biking would be a little gentler? Or yoga....I'm so into yoga I can't sing it's praises high enough...point is, maybe you wont' have to give up exercising, just change your style of exercising....

    ReplyDelete