Monday, April 22, 2013

188: I'm Dating the Scale

Confession:  I haven't worked out in 3 weeks. 

Initially I had a migraine that knocked me down for the count.  Then I developed the bump/knot on my head and didn't feel like bobbing around to run.  Then it moved into my shoulders and arms and I certainly didn't want to be swinging them while running.

I was going to the gym to sit in the sauna and hot tub and having Pete massage my neck. 

So when I felt better by Friday Pete and I went out to finally get me my new running shoes.  I had plans on running this weekend, but never did.  This morning the alarm went off and I realized that I had not only not set it for the gym, but that I was freaking dead tired. 

This guy has allergies.

And an eye issue.  So per the vet's instructions, we are giving him Benedryl every 8 hours and eye goop every 8 hours.  I'm 188 pounds and a Benedryl makes me sleepy.  He's 23 pounds and it pretty much knocks him out.  And all he wanted to do was sleep on my lap.  So when we went to bed, he was curled into my tummy as I slept on my side.  He did not move all night.  So every time I wanted to move, I couldn't.  Therefore I didn't sleep well. 

I jumped on the scale this morning to check where I was at and I lost 4 pounds over the weekend.  Mainly because the weather was weird, we had snow and rain and the pressure was up.  So my band was tighter and I could eat very little each meal.  But I wasn't ever hungry after the meal.  I just ate slower and less, which is what the band is supposed to do.  So I guess this means that I'm not broken up with the scale, we're just dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment