Thursday, March 07, 2013

190.2: Soooooo Close....

I'm back down to 190.2.  Sooooo close to that 189, yet soooooo far.  Keep at it, right?

The night before last I couldn't fall asleep.  One of those nights.  I think the last time I looked at my phone it was a little after 1am.  My alarm goes off at 4:30am.  Yeeeeaaaaah.  4 hours.  So when I got home yesterday I was drained.  I made dinner and then Pete and I headed to bed.  Seriously.  I laid in bed listening to American Idol and Pete actually fell asleep right away.  At 9pm I let the dog out and it was lights out for me. 

(sidebar)
I love the 9pm news.  I don't have to wait until 10pm to get my news fix before bed.  But if I keep going the way I am, the 6:30pm news will likely be my 'late news' and I'll be in bed, asleep, by 7pm.  (end sidebar)

So this morning I woke up at 4:30 am on the dot....with no alarm.

Then I played the game "Should I go to the gym or not?" Apparently after the inner mind duel, the gym side won.  I got up and headed out.  I did 4.75 miles in 60 minutes; some jogging, some walking up hill, some running and some intervals.  But crap, there are some treadmill dos and don'ts when you're at the gym. 

  1. If there are 15 open treadmills, don't pick one right next to someone else.  Leave a 1 treadmill buffer between you.
  2. If you're running and the person next to you is running AND you both have ear buds in, don't try to talk to them about what's on their TV.  Just do your own thing, and I'll do mine.
  3. For Pete's sake...if you ate a dozen hard boiled eggs for dinner and have egg farts, buffer yourself by at least 4 treadmills.  AGAIN, don't go right next to the one that is already taken.
I'm sure there are more rules, but this is what I have from this morning.  I can't ever look at an egg in the same way after breathing that in while I'm huffing and puffing from running intervals.  Ever. 

1 comment: