Tuesday, February 19, 2013

190.6; Disordered Eating

Yesterday was President's Day and as such, we county workers had the day off.  Don't worry though, I still got my butt up at 4:40am and headed to the gym.  1 hour of Body Pump where I stayed up in weights for everything and 1 hour on the treadmill.

I had to admit that my weekend was full of disordered eating.  I had awesome plans for good, but somehow they didn't materialize. 

Friday I FINALLY figured out how to cook salmon so that I like it.  I need to dry it out a bit more than normal so the taste isn't as strong.  Good eating on Friday after a great workout at Body Pump and some miles on the treadmill.

Saturday it went bad.  I did my 5K at the gym with plans to head home and rest.  However, I ended up going to the Harley dealer for customer appreciation with Pete.  Chili dog and fritos consumed.  We got home and took naps because honestly by that time I was worn out.  Pete made dinner but I have no memory of what it was.

Sunday I got up and went to the gym again.  But my sinus issues were flaring and I had no want to do anything.  I came home and Pete cooked breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon.  I had 1 cake, some of my fake non dairy eggs and 2 slices of bacon.  Then I napped.  Then I snacked on pretzels and salsa, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered pretzel thins, jelly beans.  Dinner was 1 serving of course ground grits with peppers and onions and some cheese.

Yesterday I did my time at the gym and came home to make myself some eggs and veggies.  Pete wasn't feeling well.  Lunch was smoked salmon and salsa with pita chips.  Dinner was fried brown rice loaded with veggies and more fake eggs.

I felt like the whole weekend was bad eating.  In reality it wasn't.  But I indulged in disordered eating.  I didn't keep to meal times, I ate things I don't normally eat, I didn't eat full meals.  It felt very disordered and bad.  I could blame the fact that neither Pete nor I felt good all weekend.  But that's no excuse to change what I'm doing.  If anything, it's the time to treat your body better.  It really did make me think hard about how I still indulge and when I do it.  I need to plan better and make sure that I'm better to myself during these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment