Tuesday, July 03, 2012

203.0; I Pushed Through

Satuday and Sunday I ran 4 miles each.  I did a lot of stretching in the middle of running.  I had Pete roll out my legs before and after I went to the gym.  But ultimately what it took is me pushing through it all to get to where I want to be.

Monday morning I went and did the Body Pump class.

All I can say is that 2 weeks off of most exercise does make your body forget the motions.  Forget the stretching, pulling, twisting.  In other words, my legs are so sore that I look like I'm about 142 years old.  But the bottom line is that I pushed through and got my workout mojo back.

Which brings me to this:  I think that there I am not going to ever be the type of person who works out 6 days a week, hard core, all the time.  What I mean to say is that I will always work out because I love the results and I think it's part of being a healthy person.  However, I think that there will be times when I'm so very committed to it and times when I need a 1-2 week break from the gym.  I need time to let my body and mind rest.

I wonder if Pete and I are the only people that seem to do this?  I read so many workout and healthiness blogs where the writers are hard core in the gym and eating correctly 95% of the time.  Do you do this?  If so I'd love to get in your brain and figure out how you constantly do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment