Tuesday, June 12, 2012

207.0; 7.5 out of 11

I got another fill today.  I'm at 7.5 out of 11 ccs in the band currently.

I keep waiting for this restriction from eating that everyone talks about.  Where I can't or won't be able to eat something because of the band.  It was around this time last year that Pete had his first issue with his band.  We were home for a short amount of time, decided to eat something and head back out to ride the motorcycles.  Only he ate a sandwich with some meat and a bun and it sat.  He doesn't know if he ate too fast, or if the bread was to soft or what the cause was.  But it had to come back up.  Ever since then, he's had a few episodes like that.  Mostly they occur because he's eaten too fast.

I keep waiting for my first time to occur.  Most of the people that I've talked to say that it's not a matter of if it will happen, but when.  I think that I likely eat too fast at times.  But I do chew my food rather well.  But I have to be honest and tell you that for some strange reason I won't feel like the band is working until I have an episode like that.  One that makes me sit up and take notice of what I've eaten and how and when. 

When I weighed at the doctor's office I had only lost 1.2 pound from last month.  How disappointing.  I've been lower than this by about 2 pounds, but up after my weekend of camping outside in the 90+ degree heat.  My face must have told my story and she told me not to be upset.  I'm running 16-20 miles a week and doing 2 hour long weight lifting classes.  She's impressed by that alone. 

So my goal in the next month is to really focus on the running and getting outside at least 2 times a week to run.  I need to start inching up my cardio to a level that makes me really work for it, instead of the comfortableness of knowing the runs inside.  I think this will kick start a loss again that I'm looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment