Tuesday, May 01, 2012

209.8; My Closet

I'm going to do it.  Share my closet I mean.  Here goes:

Pants

Shirts
I'm going through a period where I feel like I wear the same things over and over.  And it's true.  I have 1 pair of black dress pants, a pair of light tan lightweight pants that could be thought of as dressier in a casual sort of way.  I also have 2 pair of pants, one dark tan and one black, both in the same style; side pockets and heavier weight.  That's all I can wear to work.  Well, other than jeans on Friday.

As for shirts, I have more than 4.  But trying to mix and match them with the same pants over and over is wearing out.  And if I feel like I'm wearing the same thing, are my coworkers thinking the same thing?

All my adult years I head women say that they bought key pieces of clothing to last years and more trendy, less expensive pieces each season.  I could never understand this.  First, plus sized clothing had very little "key pieces" to chose from and mostly they were very expensive.  Secondly, who knew how much they'd weigh from one year to the next?  How could they buy a key piece and know that the next year it would fit?  What I realize now is that there is a segment of the population who keeps themselves healthy and of a similar weight their whole life. 

I get it now.  I understand.  And sometime in the next year I hope to start my own collection of key pieces; a wool jacket, a cashmere sweater, a little black dress, a nice suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment