Monday, March 12, 2012

222; Randoms

Weight:  I'm currently sitting at 222.2.  However, this weekend I saw 221.8 on the scale!  I can honestly say that I likely haven't seen that number since high school or my first year in college.  So I am losing weight.  I've been looking daily weight into SparkPeople on my phone.  The chart shows that I've lost 22 pounds since 12/4/11.  In total I've lost 50 pounds since I started this journey 3 years ago.  272 wasn't my biggest though.  I have a picture of my upper body at what was likely my heaviest.  I'm guessing 285 or higher.  I'm going to have Pete take a picture of me this week so that I can show progress.  When he does I'll post that and the heaviest photo too.

Workouts:  I've been hitting the gym hard.  Mondays and Fridays I do 2.5+miles from 5am-5:45am.  Then I do the Body Pump class from 6-7am.  I usually burn about 900 calories.  The rest of the week my goal has been to get in an hour of treadmill.  I try to run as much as I can.  Usually I get at least 3.1 miles running with walking rest periods and then the remainder of the hour is spent walking; about 3.1-4.25 miles.  Inevitably I end up with one rest day that I just don't go to the gym.  But it's ok, I just go the following day and resume where I left off. 

My Body:  I've noticed changes that I'm anxious about already.  I have fat & skin hanging down from my upper arms.  It's about twice the size of my actual arm/muscle.  I understand that I'm going to have hanging skin to deal with and this is just a foreshadowing of what is to come.  My thighs down seem to be getting smaller or at least not in comparison with my hips and waist.  I can get into a size 16 jeans, but they are so tight on my thighs that it's not comfortable.  I can tell that shopping is going to be very tricky.

My Eating:  I've been eating leaner meats and healthy portions.  I think for the most part I understand how it all works in my head.  I still have cravings.  But I'm not giving into them more often.  Admittedly I did eat a small bag of Jelly Belly jellybeans this weekend.  They tasted good, but I have to wonder if that is why the scale didn't continue down the 221 road and went back up to 222.

No comments:

Post a Comment