Tuesday, March 20, 2012

220.8; Surgery Tomorrow

I had a stressful day yesterday.  I'll tell you more about it in tomorrow's blog post.  But the result was that I talked myself into going to the gym for a BodyPump class.  I ran a mile prior to the class and spent an hour sweating, moving and lifting weights to music.  It was just what I needed.


This is my menu today.  Last night was the last "real" meal before surgery.  Today I can only have clear liquids.  This is to um, clean out my system prior to surgery.  Decaf coffee, sugar free jello, broth soups, 100% fruit juice mixed with half water.  This is all I'm "eating" today. 

To say that I'm nervous is an understatement.  I had a hard time sleeping last night.  Pete asked me this morning how I was doing and I told him I was nervous.  I asked him if he thought I was doing the right thing.  He reminded me again why I started this part of my journey.  He reminded me of the ups and the downs that I've had in the past.  He reminded me of my habits that kept me in a cycle of losing, gaining, plateauing.  Basically he told me everything that I already knew and reassured me that I was going to be fine.

My goal today is to stay busy.  To keep the whole thing off my mind for now.  I have a blog post all ready to go tomorrow when I head off to surgery.  I'm planning on having Pete take my picture to post later and I'll have him take some pictures in the process (hopefully I won't be too drugged up to remind him).  I should be out of the hospital on Thursday afternoon and I can't promise I'll post then, but I will get on the computer Friday to let you know how I'm doing.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you. You will be in my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you my love!!! I will be thinking of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck!! Everything will go well, I can feel it! I will send good thoughts your way tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck I had gastric bypass just over two years ago and do not regret it one bit! Feel free to email me if you ever need to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete