Saturday, January 14, 2012

I don't want to eat (for the wrong reasons)

So Thursday was Pete's birthday.  I worked from home for a couple of hours and then was done.  Although Pete had to work, I sat in the bedroom office with him reading on my Nook while he worked.  I'm telling you, this working from home thing is awesome.  I can't wait until both of us can do it.

Thursday night Pete decided he wanted to go Dog Days At The Dome with Nico.  It was so cool!  Big dogs, tiny dogs, vendors, doggie owners and families.  Nico had been going a big stircrazy not being able to play outside a lot lately.  Of course he thinks that he is a 70 pound dog in a 15 pound body and tries to play with the big dogs.  All the dogs his size he runs by without even stopping.

About 90 minutes into it, my tummy started rumbling.  Uh oh I told Pete.  Then I told him I was sorry, but I thought we needed to head home.  By the time we got home I was in trouble.  The next 12 hours were awful.  Crackers and warm sparkling water were sparingly eaten. 

I'm better now 36 hours later.  I lost 3+ pounds and I'm down to 226. (yay)  But now I'm afraid to eat because I don't want to gain any back.  Ever have that experience?  It's going to be a struggle to eat appropriately the next few days rather than avoid eating to lose more weight.

1 comment: