Tuesday, July 05, 2011

242; defeated

I have to admit I feel a bit defeated.  I stepped on the scale this morning and I was over 240.

I feel like such a failure. 

I'm not eating horribly.  I'm active all weekend long.  I'm drinking lots of water and fresh fruit while on the motorcycles.  I'm selecting leaner protein at meals out.  But I'm gaining.  It makes me want to throw up my hands and give up.  It makes me think more and more about the lap band surgery.  It scares me.  It depresses me.

I see my husband lose weight while eating what he wants.  I see him have the energy and drive to get to the gym every morning.  I see him happier than he has been and in smaller sizes. 

I feel defeated this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 AM

    To feel defeated is natural. What matters is how we how quickly we start fighting again. You can still win this battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! All of us on this journey have at one point (or at many points) felt completely defeated. I'd encourage you to keep on keepin' on though. In the end it is so worth it, and even though it doesn't feel like it right now the hard work will eventually pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, negative Nancy, turn around that attitude. Have a little pity party for yourself, and then MOVE ON. List some of your non-scale victories (NSVs), and come up with an action plan for the next few days or week! YOU GOT THIS!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete