Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Weekend

Well, the TV is hung.  Not without arguments, upset and irritation.  But it's on the wall.  Clearly Pete and I have different styles of getting things done.  We;d figured this out over the summer trying to put up and take down the attachment that comes with our motorcycle camper.  And while we've pretty much figured how what works for that, clearly this TV thing demonstrates that we need to be better about communication when we do other things. 

Pete and I spent about 1.5 hours in the grocery store Saturday afternoon.  He read labels and searched for things to eat in the first few weeks after surgery.  Sugar free jellos, 100% fruit juices, sugar free jam, sugar free Nestles Quick, skim milk, broth and cream soups.  His 2 week menu is pretty limited.  In week 3 he can have soft/mashed food.  We have a whole counter devoted to his food so it's easy to get at and he's not having to open cupboards to search.

I was at the gym both mornings this weekend and spent almost an hour on the treadmill.  I'm hoping that I can get to the gym this week on the days I have planned.  It will mean that I need to be there when it opens on the day that Pete has his surgery and the next day.  But I can do it.  I will do it.

Ann asked me why I skipped TRX last week in the comments.  I don't have a good answer.  Actually I do have a good answer.  I didn't set myself up to win.  I didn't sleep good the night before because I wasn't feeling good.  I has reservations to Fogo de Chao with Pete for an early birthday dinner.  By the time we got home, I was drained, my throat was raw from my sinus' draining and I didn't have it in me to go.  What I should have done was cancelled the reservations for dinner, slept and went to the class.  I plan on setting myself up to win this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment