Friday, January 07, 2011

I wonder why am I doing this?

First, I won that holiday challenge.  Not only did I not gain weight over the holidays, but I lost 3 pounds.  I was working out with the weight routine 2 days a week and cardio 3-4 days a week.  I indulged over the holidays, but I didn't over indulge.

But it got me to thinking, why am I doing this to myself.  If I can maintain my weight why I am doing this?  How did I get this way in the first place.  If I have the ability to maintain, why did I gain previously?

Basically I had a morning of self doubt.  I had a morning that was hard to get up because I haven't been doing it because I've been sick.  I had a morning that was hard to work out because I hadn't been doing it.  And it was just a hard week.

So in these moments I have to remind myself that I am doing this for me.  Not for a tshirt or any other reason.  I am doing this so that I am healthier and live longer and because I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment