Friday, January 21, 2011

The 235 Feeling.

Two. Thirty. Six.

I think I broke through my plateau.  Everyone has them, right?  For the longest time now I've been at 238 and unable to change it no matter that I did.  But I got on that scale (I only weigh myself on Fridays) and found that magical number below an 8.

The last time I was here was in early 2008.  I had spent all of November and December working my "you know what" off at the gym we belonged to.  I wasn't watching my eating, but I was working out a lot.  Me and the elliptical machine were best friends for about 45 minutes a night, 4-5 nights a week.  And actually now that I think about it, I was kind of watching what I was eating.  Pete and I would come home from work and head to the gym.  We'd spend about an hour there working out.  Then we'd walk 2 stores down and have a 6 inch sub at Subway.  That was dinner 4-5 nights a week.

During that time I got to 235.  At 235 I felt good.  I can remember the feeling now, that's how strong it was.  I'm ashamed to say that I forgot all about that 235 feeling.  The empowerment.  The accomplishment. The satisfaction.  The energy.  I felt like I could do anything during that time.  Instead of sitting in the living room on a Saturday morning I'd choose to go to the garage and get on the treadmill to walk/run. 

Let me say that again...I choose to exercise.  It really is all about choices.  Most choices are small, but they are choices.  Those little choices, over time, make a big difference.  So my choice this day, this week, this year is to be healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment