Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ahhh, better.

Well kind of. 

Because PEte's been out of work he's been working out on the treadmill more.  I told him I'd add him back to the account at the Y so he could work out on weights during the day.  He's been saying that he wants to go to the gym with me in the morning.  I hasvn't been going though because I felt horrible.

So last night I tell him that I'm keeping my trainer's appointment and asked him if he wanted to go with me.  All gung ho he replied that he did.  We went to sleep.  My alarm rings at 5am and I jump out of bed.  I brush my teeth, comb my hair and get my gym clothes on.  Then I tried to wake Pete up.  Finally I asked him if he was going to the gym with me.  He said, "No.  I don't know how you do it."  I laughed and went to the gym

But I really thought about it.  And I was where he was at a year ago.  I could hardly believe that I would enjoy getting up at 5 am to work out.  Was I nuts?  Yes, yes I am.  LOL  Actually my body has gotten used to it.  Does it mean that I am more tired at night?  Yep.  But I also fall asleep easier and stay asleep on the days that I go to the gym.  Does it mean that I don't stay up into the wee hours of the night every night.  Yep.  Does it mean that I cometimes nap on the weekends.  Yep, but my body must need it for me to easily fall asleep.

In all, the gym has changed my body's response to daily things.  Getting up, sleeping, energy level.  All non workout related, but improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment