Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Talk

Pete and I had a great talk the other night. I think we both tend ot bottle things up and then they just come to a head and shoot out all at once. We're fairly good at communication, but still have some things to work on.

I tried to explain to him that he is a very matter of fact/that's how it is person. I'm more emotional about things. It's why, when I'm frustrated I cry. It's why I cry at those darn commericals and some movies. I don't think he got it that night, but last night I had an on the spot example, in the moment it happened. I think he got it then.

Last night we discussed the fall trip we're taking to visit his relatives and for our anniversary. I'm now super excited to plan the rest of it and get going. I've never been south of Missouri. I giggle each time he talks to his cousin on the phone because of her accent. And I want to meet his second cousin who just graduated from high school and posts on facebook all the time. I think she's cute. She reminds me of my teenaged drama when I was her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment