Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Wishes

Lately I've been thinking about what I have a house. Honestly I don't know why I've been thinking that. The townhouse we're in is where we're going to be at for a while. It's valued at about 65% of what I paid for it 4 years ago so we're upside down for now.

Maybe it's spring with all the things blooming around me. Or maybe it's Reese Dixon and reading about the house she was leaving and the house she went to. Or maybe it's because I've been reading about the things that The Pioneer Woman has been buying and planting. Or maybe it's because I just long for a space that I can call my own to mold into what I want.

I know that I want to plant some Lily of the Valley by my fictious house. I love the smell of them this time of the year. Actually I love the smell anytime. My parents have some in front of their house and they've tried to get rid of them several times and they slowly find their way back to life. They also had ferns in the planting beds and although they wanted those at one time, they now don't and can't get rid of those either. I can't help loving the smell and the delicate nature of the lily of the valley.







I know that I want a flowering crab apple tree in my yard. Several of them in fact. I love the beautiful blooms this time of year. She shockingly pink blooms against the blue of the spring skies. My Grandma had one in the side yard for years. Beautiful pink blooms that when they fell, you'd swear it was snowing pink. I spent many Mother's Day gatherings at her house in the backyard looking at that tree.





I know that I want a hedge of lilacs in my backyard. Have you ever looked at the individual lilac blossom? It's 4 petals and they are so dainty and perfect and so...lilac colored. I have always loved the smell of the lilac and even tried to get my parents to give up some of their bushes for my old house. About 2 years ago Pete and I were walking at Centennial Lakes and I pulled off some individual blossoms and commented how pretty they were.



What else do I want? I know that I want a large kitchen and a bathroom big enough for Pete and I. I want a garage for all the toys and a sunporch or deck to sit out on in summer evenings. Pete? He considers a house a "good house" if you can walk naked in your backyard without neighbors seeing you and getting upset. That's his definition of a great house.

No comments:

Post a Comment