Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Wedding shirt...

I know you all are going to think I'm nuts, and maybe I am. But I went home last night and tried on my wedding dress.

Now hear me out. Shortly before Pete and I got married my sister had a shower for us. After the shower I changed into a button down shirt so that she could take pictures of us to use on a carbox. (man I was a little do it yourselfer when it came to wedding things..) The shirt was tight when I put it on. It's a simple black buttondown shirt with grey dots on it. But it was tight around my hips - where everything is always tight.

Yesterday I was noticing that my work pants were loose and then it occurred to me that my wedding shirt (as I affectionately call it) was loose. On the way home I wondered if I could fit into my wedding dress. So naturally when I got home and got dinner started, I pulled it out of the downstairs clsoet and put it on.

It zipped. And honestly I fit into it like I did on my wedding day (all of 19 months ago). I swished around in it and Pete asked what the noise was so I showed him. He laughed and then got serious and told me how beautiful I looked in it. (aww!) That is why I love that man.

The point is that I fit into it. I'm a couple of pounds heavier than I was on my wedding day. And the heavier doesn't feel good. But it feels good to be getting down to where I was before so I can go down even further.

{oh and I didn't get up for the gym this morning. I slept so hard that I slept through my alarm and Pete had already left. Tomorrow's another day.}

No comments:

Post a Comment