Thursday, March 18, 2010

The girl in the orange sweter

Sometime last fall I bought an orange sweater. It's not something I'd normally buy, but I was trying to get hip and in style. I wore it once and then washed it, hanging it to dry. After washing it was snug around my midsection. The kind of snug that kept me sucking in my tummy anytime I got up to walk around the office. But I continued to wear it because I like it.

After a couple more wearings I washed it again. This time I ended up accidentially tossing it in the dryer with a bunch of other clothes. When I opened the dryer to take the clothes out it came falling out. And my heart sunk. I immediately tried it on. It wasn't snug any longer. It was suctioned to my midsection. There was no way I could wear it again. So it's been sitting ontop of the dryer, waiting. For what, I don't know.

I think that, along with turing 40 soon, along with the possibility of going to Germany, along with the trip to Jackson Hole this summer and a thousand other things lead me to get serious about losing weight again.

I've been going to the gym 6 days a week for 4 weeks and for the 3 weeks before that it was about 3-4 days a week. I've been limiting portion sizes since February 1st and tracking everything I eat for the last 2 weeks. As of last Friday I lost 9 pounds. My next weigh in is tomorrow morning.

But you know what? I put that sweater on today, on a whim. Not only does it fit, but it fits better than when I bought it. It's loose in the middle. What a wonderful feeling! It made me smile instantly and it motivated me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment