Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Without even thinking

I did very well this morning and had my whole wheat waffle with peanutbutter for breakfast. And it did the trick. Then I started working and got really into it. The working, I mean. About 9am I got a call from the girls downstairs to come down for birthday celebration. We went down and there was coffee and doughnuts. I took a chocolate covered old fashioned and kept the tea I was drinking.

Then I ate it.

Without even thinking.

I was shocked about 3/4 of the way through it, but figured that I had eaten that much, I may as well eat the rest. So I did. Only to find out that my little doughnut adventure cost me about 1/4 of my daily calories.

One quarter.

I was amazed later that I sat and ate that doughnut without even thinking about what I was doing. It really shows me how I mindlessly eat sometimes instead of eating with a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment