Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Family Ties

I was just out of college and job seeking. It was difficult. I completed an internship over the summer and was talking with my internship supervisor about how to job seek and what tools I needed. He told me that I should immediately move away from the area and my family. That I needed independence that I wasn't getting by returning to the area that I grew up in.

Thankfully I did not take his advice. I realize that sometimes family can be a detriment to people. I realize that independence is a skill that everyone needs. However, those things don't have to come at the expense of a family who cares about you.

I am tied to my family. For better or worse as they say. Though they may irriate me, hurt me, insult me, they also love me, support me and are my family. I cannot turn my back on them. I will not turn my back on them.

I love them. Deeply. For the things that they have sacrificed for me. For the things that they have done because of me. For the love they showed me. For the encouragment they gave me. For being my family.

My last grandparent is in the hosptial as we speak. Honestly I'm barely holding it together. Of all my grandparents, I am most close to her. I lived with her for three years. I love her. I don't know what I'd do without her. I need prayers for her. For my Mom and my Aunt. For me. I need prayers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment