Thursday, May 14, 2009

My first solo

I love Pete. I love that he is my rock, my protector, my bodyguard.

Ever since I got my cycle license he's ridden everywhere with me. And I appreciated it. I'm still working on getting going when you have no arrow on left turns. I still take a little more time on starts. I go slower than most cars on turns and curves. And through it all, Pete is behind me. He prtects me from irritated drivers. He gives me the space so people aren't crowding me.

Today he got up with me a rode with me to work. Before he left he said "Please don't solo too far." I giggled. It really would be my first solo. Kind of like when someone is lerning to fly a plane - the first solo is a big deal. I took my lunch and drove over to my sisters house to chat with her. I solo'd. And I did great!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome! I want a motorcycle sooo bad.

    ReplyDelete