Monday, March 23, 2009

Waiting...

When we met with the genetic counselor I know that it was going to be a long 30 days. We're going on 7 of the 30 days. And while I'm not letting it overtake me...yet. It's back there in my brain.

I had hoped to get a book that she recommended. Pretty Is What Changes by Jessica Queller. It's the story of a 30 something who is tested for the mutations and what happens after that. I had hoped that it would be something that would keep me occupied. I revel in reading and don't get to do much of it anymore. I wanted to escape to the world that she lived in when she was tested. I wanted to read her feelings and see her reactions.

Only the bookstores around here don't have the book in store. And if I had ordered it, it would have been the hardcover version and the soft cover comes out 4/7/09. So I'm waiting. Waiting for the book and waiting for the test results.

No comments:

Post a Comment