Monday, January 12, 2009

You say it's your birthday....

Na-NA-Na-Na.....Na-Na....

Actually it's Pete's day today. Bittersweet really. Today he has lived longer than his mom. At just over 40, that's a hard thing. When you think of outliving a parent, it's at 70, 80, 90 even. Not just over 40. It makes me sad for him. It makes him sad. And it makes me wish all over again that I could have met her. Just once. One conversation.

The sweet part is that I've got some gift surprises for him. Because I love him and because I love the look on his face when I can get that surprise. I wanted to take him to one of those Brazillian steak houses in the city. Only he researched it and found out how expensive it is and veto'd that. So I'll have to save my pennies and not tell him ahead of time when we actually do go there.

Happy Birthday Honey! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment