Thursday, December 04, 2008

Journal Your Christmas

Day 4: Perfect Holiday

Is there such a thing as a perfect holiday? When I think of a perfect holiday I think of holidays past. Although I don't think they were necessarily perfect. Just familiar and comforting.

A perfect holiday for me would include those loved ones who are no longer with us. Not only my loved ones, but Pete's. I would have loved to meet Pete's Mom. To talk with her about Pete and listen to her stories. To get her advice sometimes. A perfect holiday would have my Grandpas and recently deceased Grandma. It would include my uncles and my aunt who are no longer with us. My cousins, who are not really my cousins, but we considered them so.

A perfect holiday would include lucious holiday decorations. Bright reds and greens, wheaths and holly, miseltoe and bells. Lights that flicker and glow to watch while the snow falls outside. The tree decorated with meaninful ornaments and beautifully wrapped gifts. A fire and a feeling of hominess and warmth.

A perfect holiday would include the foods that I remember from my childhood along with the foods that Pete is used to having. A meltingpot of German and American foods. Juicy ham, potatoes, beans & corn, sage rolls and butter. Desserts that include home baked cookies, candies and chocolates.

And yet while I put that all down, I think a perfect holiday would be Pete and I enjoying a suggle and presents with pancakes afterward also.

No comments:

Post a Comment