Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Jourmal Your Christmas

Day 2: Weather

When I saw this prompt for writing, the first thing that came to mind is the song. You know the one - "Oh the weather outside is frightful..." Then I looked out the window to the brown trees, the dead brownish green grass and bare bushes.

When I was a kid I rememeber the Holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas - being filled with snow. Lots of snow. We'd have to wrap up tight in our Christmas best dresses to get in the car and go to Grandma's house. Then we'd get ice skates or sleds from Santa or family and spend the rest of the day asking to go outside and play in the snow.

I still love the first snow. I'm like a kid in a candy store watching in awe as the flakes tumble to the ground. It makes me giggle out loud. The other night we were Christmas shopping and when we came out of a store, it had started to snow. Little tiny flakes that blew away with the slightest wind.

Christmas now consists of little snow. I'm not sure if it's global warming or just climate changes, but we get less and less snow each year. It makes me sad at times to see how little snow there is at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment