Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My freebie

I was late to work today. Which is like most days lately. I could sleep forever in the mornings.

Anyway, on my way to work and I passed a truck going about 39 in the 50 mph zone on a 2 lane road. When I got done passing the truck I guess I just decided to continue on at that speed. I guess it's my new driving style...habit? I've been driving Pete's car all summer and it has a radar detector in it. That thing not only beeps at police cars with radar, it beeps at Walgreens stores, Circuit City stores, and some other local places. The point is that I've gotten used to the thing.

Only this morning I was in my suv. No radar detector in there. So as soon as I got to the top of the hill, I saw the police car coming at me with lights flashing. I immediately knew that the flashing lights were for me. So at the next little street I pulled off, rolled down the window and waited for him. All the while muttering under my breath about how stupid I was.

When he walked up he asked for my license and insurance. I reached over and got the license out and pulled out the insurance information and handed it over to him. As I was doing that I notified him that I have a permit to carry a firearm, but that there was no weapons in the vehicle or on me. As I was doing that he noticed my work information and asked about it. I told him what I did and he consdered it for a minute.

He handed me back my license and insurnace information and said that he would just verbally warn me this time. However, I needed to be mindful of my speed. I apologized and thanked him.

As I pulled away, I realized that this was the first time that I had been pulled over for speeding. And that it was my freebie so I needed to take adavantage of it and mind my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment