Monday, June 16, 2008

Just call me Crash

Friday night I crashed. Sleep crashed. I was trying to watch a movie with Pete and ended up falling asleep. Abotu 8:30 Saturday morning his phone rang. It was Scott asking if we wanted to go to a turkey feed for another motorcycle club. Of course we did. So Pete hauled out to Hutchinson to pick up his new gun and I started in on sewing the patches on the vests.


Sewing. I'm ok with sewing, but this is leather. I take out my machine & start to thread the bobbin only to realize that the machine hasn't been used in so long that the needle sticks in the down position. So I take out the machine that Pete got from his sister. Again, something is wrong and I can't figure it out. So I start hand sewing. On leather. With needles and thread and a pliers. Damn that hurts! In fact I cut myself with the scissors, I jabbed myself several times with the stick pins holding the patches. And worst of all - I used my left thumb to place where the needle came up so much that even 2 days later I can't use the thumb and the bed of the nail is bluish...


Pete gets home and we start packing the bags to leave. I go in his trunk to get my jean jacket and the lid falls and its me in the forehead. Man that hurts. I still have a sore spot there 2 days later.


We get to the feed and as we are prospects we have to do silly things that the members tell us. Remember this game as a kid? The one where you spin on the stick and then run to a line? Well just like this prospect we had to do it. See that pipe and cement to the right in the photo? Yep, you guessed it. I headed right at it, bounced off with my hip and fell to my knee on the cement. Damn that sucker HURTS!
Anyway, by the end of the day I told Pete that I wasn't going to do anything else other than sit around for fear of doing myself in. Today, two days later, my body is sore, my head hurts and my thumb is throbbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment