Friday, March 07, 2008

Good thoughts please

So yesterday wasn't a very good day.

I've had a tooth that the dentist has been watching for quite some time. It's had a crack in it that wasn't getting bigger and seemed stable. In my mouth, that's a good thing and we leave well enough alone when we can. In the last 6 months or so I'd chew on it wrong and it would hurt for a few hours, but nothing that lasted. At some point I stopped chewing on that side. Over the weekend, I accidentially chewed on it and something happened. The pain came and never really went away. I lived with it until Wednesday morning when I called the dentist. Unfortunately they were closed for the day for trainings. Yesterday I had an early appointment, but it kept getting moved back for other emergencies.

When I got to the office, all apprehensive, I met with a different dentist than mine. He said that the tooth is cracked enought to let in bateria that has now reached my root. Meaning I need a root canal. He suggested that if it happened in the future (the cracking) to have my dentist put a crown on it. Anyway, I am freaking out about the root canal. I'm not sure they can get in there to do it. Honestly. I don't think they will. And if they actually do, then my mouth is going to be very very painful for a long time. I am dreading this.

No sooner did I get home from the dentist when Pete said that his Dad was back in the hospital. Turns out he has pneumonia. He may have had it for quite some time, just undiagnosed. I am so sad for Pete. He seemed unsure of what to do last night, which is so unlike him. The doctor also said that his lungs are at the point of barely sustaining him. If his o2 levels don't stay up, he won't be able to go back home as he'll need constant high levels of o2. Keep them both in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment