Friday, February 08, 2008

Finally Friday

Today is a good day.

It was snowing when I left home this morning. The whispy small flakes that float across the road like mist. It was pretty, but a little slippery in spots. I went to Walmart and picked up some Valentine's cards, some candy for my office, a fondue set for Pete and I and a gift card for a friend. Then I went and got 4 gift cards from Starbucks to send in the Valentine's cards.

4 people will be getting a little Valentine RAK from me! Happy Valentine's Day!

Then I paid for the person behind me in line at Starbucks as a RAK. It just felt good to do that today.

I can't decide whether to use the little fondue pot on Valentine's Day or take it with us this weekend to use on our little get away. Hmmm...decisions decisions.

I can't wait to get away tomorrow & Sunday. I know that it's only basically 24 hours and that we're only going 1.5 hours south of here. But it's somewhere different. I think I got so very used to the day trips that we were taking all summer and I miss them. I miss just jumping into the car, not really knowing where we're going and ending up someplace wonderful and having new experiences. I think I had more fun on those days then on the days that we had all planned out. There is something about just going where the wind takes you and working to find something fun to do/new to experience. It's freeing (is that a word?) and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment