Monday, February 04, 2008

The Bucket List

What do you want to do before you die? What things make you happy? What do you want people to remember about you?

We went to see the movie The Bucket List over the weekend. It made me think. It made me think about what is really important in life. It made me think that I am selfish to continue to not talk to my parents when Pete has only one parent left who is is dying. It made me realize that there are things that I regret not doing, but that I still have time to do them.

Pete and I started a list in my cell phone about the things that I had never done or that he wanted to show me. They were things like go to a biker bar, the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner, see the falls, Famous Daves for jazz music, bike around the lakes... Things that we could do together. When we had a free day we'd look in my phone and see what things we should be doing. We had a bucket list without even knowing it.

The only thing is that I deleted the things that we did. I wish I would have kept them. So now I started the list on here and hope to strike off the things that I've done. I hope to add to the list and finish the majority of it.

So I ask you, what is on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment