Monday, October 08, 2007

Movies, lift bridges and a brewery....

Sounds like a bad joke, huh? It's not. It was my weekend.

Friday we watched last in a set of 3 movies we rented. ALl different kinds of movies, but weird. This one had dead people talking and even with Cuba Gooding Jr, it was horrible!

Saturday we made the trip to P's work to pick up some exercise equipment. Here's hoping it gets used! Then we went to Walmart & waited an hour for them to correct P's balancing of his tires. It's the third trip there and hopefully this time it's right. I'll admit I pouted a little at spending a gorgeous summer like fall day in a store for over an hour when we had planned to be outside. Then we went to a small town art fair that was kindof disapointing. On the up side we left there and went to a local German restaurant. I had the most wonderful beef dish and can't wait for time to try making it at home. Then we went to our favorite place. We ended up in a serious conversation that started out strange and ended with kind of a weird feeling about us. It still makes me think long and hard about how certain things are important to one person and other things are important to the other person.

Sunday we got up and coudln't decide what to do. P looked up German food and found the grocery he was looking for and we jumped in the car to find it. 2 hours later we were in a little town buying all kinds of German things. Chocolate, spaetzle, puddings, bread, spaetzle makers... I wish I could have bottled the look on P's face adn the joy in his words. They were priceless. And I love that he shared that with me. Then we ended up walking up a monument and touring a B&B. Then we decided to tour Schell's Brewery. It was fun! I got a little...happy! P thought it was hillarious to watch me while I was a little drunk.

Next...a local winery! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment