Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm going to try this again!

Last week I attempted to surprize P. Before he left for his walk one night I asked him how long he was going to be gone. His reply, "30 minutes." So I waited about 10 minutes after he left and followed him. There is a little park just down the road on his route. I waited there, between the buildings, for him. Every so often I'd peek my head out in the shadows to see if he was on his way back.

5 minutes...10 minutes...15 minutes...20 minutes...25 minutes....

Then I decided that I needed to call his cell. He should have been back that way by now and I didn't want him thinking that I just took off from home if he went another way. So I called, "Where are you?" He tells me he's way down in one of the neighborhoods. Then he asks where I am. "Waiting for you," I say. And I explain my attempt at a surprize. He walk/ran back to where I was so we could sit under the stars & talk. But by that time there was someone else who was creeping around the buildings and I got freaked out. Don't they know only I am allowed to creep?

So I'm trying it again today. It's my first day on the new job function and I can leave when I want again. So I plan on leaving before noon and driving out to P's work. It's about 1 hour from my work. Half way there I'm going to call and ask if he wants to meet for lunch.

Wish me luck. For if this one doesn't work out, I'm going to be a little leary of the "good surprize" from now on. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment