Friday, March 18, 2005

What's with Louis Lamour?

I don't get it? What's the draw of Louis Lamour?

My Dad (until recently) only read Lamour books. He reads daily, although not quickly. So as you can imagine, he goes through a lot of books in a year. Yet he only read Lamour. How you ask? He read them over and over and over again.

He would read a book and then as he went through the series he would eventually read it again. And for the life of me, I cannot understand it. While there are some books that I have read more than once, there aren't many. While I read quickly, I retain the storyline, it not all the details. The thought of continually reading a book over and over again is like eating the exact same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. No variety. No new stories.

On the drive home last night he told me that he's found a new author in the the last year. I was surprized. Eventually this new author is the 2nd top rated western writer. But true to form, he's found all this author's books also. And even better, he's reading them for the 2nd time right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment