Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The Old Post Office

I must go downtown 2-3 times a week for court for my job. Each time I park behind "The Old Post Office". Today as I was driving there it occurred to me that having grown up in this area, I knew the building as 'the old post office', yet there is no sign with that on it. There is no identifying mark that would make me know that. It hasn't been the post office since way before I was born. I call it that because my parents call it that.

There are a couple of stores in the downtown area that have pictures from the turn of the century. I love looking at those old pictures and seeing what the town used to look like. Knowing that it is has been there for a long time give me a sense of pride in it. Knowing that I am part of the history is pretty cool

No comments:

Post a Comment