Tuesday, April 17, 2012

212.8: Am I Missing Cues?

As you may have noticed in the titles, my weight isn't changing much.  I think I've returned to eating the quantity of food that I was prior to surgery.  And I have to wonder if I'm missing cues to stop?

When I eat, I eat slower and chew longer.  But I'm not achieving the full sensation.  I stop when I've eating the portions that I did before - 4-6 ounces of protein, 3/4 cup veggies and 1/2 cup starch.  When I do notice is that sometimes I feel pressure at my breastbone after drinking (not at meal time).  And a few times I've eaten too much (Easter) and felt the pressure a lot.  But I search for that cue or any other cue to tell me to stop eating before that.  I see the dietitian tomorrow and then go for a fill next Wednesday.  I'm looking forward to that.

I pulled out my sheet from my first appointment at the bariatric center.  My weight wasn't my lowest, I gained about 10 pounds from September to December when I went back in and knew for sure that I could proceed with the process for surgery.  It had my arm, waist, hips and neck measurements on it.  So for fun I measured myself again.  It was astounding to me to see that I lost a total of 11.5 inches in my body and about 23 pounds of weight in comparison to that day.  It pretty much makes me realize that although my body may not be shedding weight rapidly, it's changing daily.

Size 16 pants (too big, needed safety pin), size medium cami, size large sweater.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story on PFG. My husband has just had gastric bypass. I hope it is a great answer for you both!

    ReplyDelete