Monday, April 02, 2012

209: New Workout Gear

For the first time this morning I wore one of those racerback fitted tanks to the gym.  I actually found one that held in my tummy a bit to protect it while I was on the treadmill.  I found it after several hours of shopping on Saturday.  So I wore it Sunday to the gym underneath a light t-shirt.  I walked, jogged 3.7 miles in an hour.  This morning I decided to wear it with no shirt. 

This is big.  Can you tell?  Are you thinking what I am?

I had the confidence to show off some of my body.  I actually felt like I deserved to have people see how hard I've been working.  I was going to say that I was a bit self conscious, but actually I wasn't.  Not at all.  And my former trainer noticed the loss I've managed and commented that I looked good!  (victory for me!)

I also got a less fitted tank to try out with just my workout bra and see how that feels.  And I got some smaller sized workout pants and longer shorts.  I'm excited to try them out this week.

I do need to figure out this morning workout thing again.  My old pattern was to get up at 4:40 am, get dressed, grab a small banana and go.  The banana held me over until I could get to work at 7-7:30 to eat my breakfast.  But I can't drink for 30 minutes after I eat.  So if I eat a banana at 4:50, I can't drink for the first 20 minutes of whatever workout I do.  And I tend to drink a lot.  When I'm running it's about 36-40 ounces and when I do a class it's 30 ounces.  I can't eat directly out of bed either.  At least I couldn't before. 

Hmmm...  maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone?  I'm only experiencing hunger pains when I wake up.  So maybe I need to keep a banana by my bed and eat it when I wake up.  Then by the time I get ready and get to the gym I'll only have about 10 minutes of in ability to drink.  I think I'm going to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment