Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Giving myself Credit

Today I am going to give myself credit for what I have done.  In the last 9 days, I've been to the gym 6 times.  No less than 35 minutes spent on the treadmill 4 of those days and no less than 1 hour lifting weights/interval training the other 2 days.  I've been eating every few hours to keep my metabolism going and eating smaller portions of things that are good for me.  I bought and made something with quinoa - a first for me. 

Today I had my alarm set for 4:40am.  I don't remember turning it off.  The first thing I remember is checking my phone and seeing that it was 5:20am.  I had a choice.  Get up and get to work so that I could take less vacation for Pete's surgery.  Roll over and sleep for another 40 minutes before getting ready for work.  Get up and go to the gym as planned.  I chose the last one.  When I got there, my HRM wasn't reading right.  Either I'm talented and can keep my heart rate at 150 All The Time or something was off about it.  I could have used that as an excuse to stop and figure it out.  But I didn't.  I kept walking/running.  35 minutes/2.5 miles.  A short cardio day for me, but a planned short cardio day for me.

I ended with a smile.  Because I had made several choices this morning that ended up with that feeling.  You know, the one where you know that you've worked out because your muscles a bit tight/a bit sore.  I love that feeling.  My trainer commented on watching me and seeing that I was doing a good job on my own.  Then she told me that I should make up the 4 kettlebell classes I missed starting this Friday.  I could have said it was ok and I didn't need to.  But I didn't.  I said that I'd love to make them up. 

Credit for doing the right thing, even when it's the hard thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment