Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goals

I signed up for some more personaly training sessions yesterday. I'm not going to start them until I am mostly done with PT for my sciatic issue. So likely around November first I'll be back at the gym again.

It made me realize that I'll only have NOvember, December and January to reach my 70 pound goal. Then I got a little sad and thought about what it would feel like not to make my goal. All the hard work I started out with in February of last year and all the downhill spiral I took this summer. With about 40 pounds to go I can't see that I'll reach my goal. :(

Then I thought about it again. So what if I don't reach my goal? I mean really so what? I tried, right? I lost some weight, right? I know what I need to do to to lose the weight and how to do it, right? Who says I can't just be happy with the healthier me? Because really that is what this journey is about. Being healthier. So who says that I can't just be happy with what I did and set a new goal?

So, that's my plan.

1 comment:

  1. Goals are just that: goals. Sometimes we make them with ease and other times we miss the mark. As long as we keep moving forward, we can stand proud and give ourselves a good pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete