Friday, January 29, 2010

Sunrises and frost

It was/is bitterly cold today. I had to leave my SUV out because I work today and Pete doesn't. He did go down and start it for me when I was getting ready. I love that man.

On my way to work I got to see the sunrise. I love it when my trip to work happens at the same as the sun's trip to the sky. I love watching the red/orange ball float up and all the colors across the sky and on the horizon. There is something so peaceful and quiet and amazing about the whole thing.

This morning it made me think of this:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her ealy leaf's a flower,
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf
So Eden sank to grief.
So daen goes down to day,
Nothing gold can stay.
~ Robert Frost

I love that poem. I have loved it since high school. And it really descibes the innocence of the sunrise and how fleeting it is. It had to be kismet that the author's last name is Frost, given the crisp air and the white on the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment