Monday, June 22, 2009

Kids

Ever since I was young I've loved kids. I grew up thinking that I'd be part of a family full of children. Then I realized that life isn't always what you plan. Some days I'm ok with that. Other days it's not that easy. So, I 'borrow'. I borrow children!
















Friday it was Alison. She's 7 years old now and I have a hard time thinking that she is really that old. This is the little baby that I held in my arms the day she was born and promised to love her and play with her always. We went to the MOA for the day. We rode rides, ate at the Rainforest Cafe and then went to Build-A-Bear. While we were riding the rides she kept telling me not to take any more pictures because the ride had started. At lunch she was disappointed because other kids were having the birthday song sung to them. When they came out to sing to her she positively shined. Her smile was so big!

Then there is Grant...




















Grant LOVES trains. He east, sleeps and thinks about trains all the time. Last week he was in the basement playing with a set of trains down there and found a Thomas The Train box. He was so excited that he told my sister he found a Thomas box. He's since carried that box around the house and talks to Thomas on the box. His next favorite thing is having people take pictures of his trains. Then he wants to see them and stare at them on the preview on the camera. I have pcitures of Thomas on the table, on the plate "eating" my food, "drinking" from my glass, in the air, on the ground... You name it, I have it.


Then he does things like this. All the other kids were running around and playing in the pool (he doesn't like water). He got his littel chair down, pulled it out in the driveway in the shade and just watched. He was content to just be outside with everyone.





1 comment: