Thursday, May 07, 2009

The sun calls me

I'm sitting here, at my desk, taking a little break. And all I can think of is to be outside. I am so in love with riding that motorcycle. There are so many emotions and thoughts that play into that. It's something that I set out to accomplish and did. It's something that I never ever thought I'd do, but I did. It's freeing. It's a self confidence booster. It's like flying. It's powerful to know that I'm riding this machine. It's personal - me, myself and I. It's all those things and more.

There is a story behind my bike. Last year it was purchased by a woman who took her Rider's Edge class. She loved it, customized it and rode it a lot, even though it was late in the season. Then she traded it in for a new bike, a bigger bike. She so loved the idea of riding that she decided to work with Harley and creat a book about women riders. I was encouraged to write to her about buying her bike and telling her my story. I've been compsing an email in my head for the last few days and finally sent it off yesterday. She wrote back and loved that I bought her bike - that it lives on for a new rider. And she wants to put me in her book. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment