Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Embrace The Journey

Embrace The Journey.

I keep thinking of this. I had a lot of time to think this weekend either riding my own bike or on the back of Pete’s.

I thought that embrace the journey related to the idea that you can’t always control what’s going on in your life, but you can go with the flow and hope to learn something.

I thought that embrace the journey related to the idea that you have difficult situation and stopping to really see where you’re at in life may lend you clarity.

I thought that embrace the journey related to the idea that I shouldn’t be afraid of trying something new, I should embrace the unknown.

This weekend I realized another embrace the journey. You know how you’re having a good time in life and you somehow overlook how good it is? How fun it is? Then later you look back at that time and you realize just how good it was, just how fun it was. From now on I want to embrace the journey TODAY. I want to live in the moment where I realize that life is good. Life is fulfilling. Life is amazing.

I don’t know if I’m explaining it right. I do think it comes down to living in the moment and not worrying about the next hour, the next day or the next week. About really being present in your own life. Really being aware of what you are doing and others are doing and taking it in. And not only taking it in, but making it your own.

Memories are good, but living the moment is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment