Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Journal Your Christmas

Day 23: Stockings

As a kid we had beautiful sewn had beaded stockings. They'd hang on the wall as we had no mantle to railing to hang them from. I think Kim's and mine ended up tearing at the loop because of how much was put in them. My mom made those stockings. She and my Grandma. Kims is the one that hangs the opposite way of ours, but that's ok. When we moved out, my Mom gave us our stockings. I have mine and although it never goes up, I look at it each year.

And you know what? I have a box of materials in the garage that are just waiting for me to make a stocking like that for Pete. And I want to...when I have time. Which seams to be never. So last year I bought stockings for us both. I never put anything in them, but they were hung up. This year, I haven't found the hangers just for the stockings so they're on a chair. But I have all the little things to fill Pete's stocking up on Christmas Day. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment