Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Journal Your Christmas

Day 10: Brown Paper Packages...

I love to wrap presents. Love it. I can remember being maybe 9 or 10 and my aunt and grandma having me wrap birthday presents for them. I love the creativeness that can go into it and yet I can also find a lovely interesting bag and stuf it in there too.

As an adult I'd found an equasion that works for me. I start with a basica wrap. I choose a new one each year. thick, welll made paper. Something that has a small pattern, but isn't Christmas persea. I like paper that is more winter or happy holidays, rather than outright Christmas. Every present gets wrapped in it. Then I vary the decoration. I take different curling ribbons, different boews, different little things and add them to the packages. the tags? Handmade. Something that I see in a crafting magazine or website and have to try out.

This year is the first year that I have all the presents bought and wrapped by 12/8/08. All of them. They're prettily waiting under the tree for Chrstmas. And I can enjoy them the whole holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment