Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've been remiss...

In blogging. I have good intentions, but sometimes I just don't get here to post. I have been updaing the wedding blog a lot.

Last weekend was so much fun. We went to the races Friday! Raceway Park had their Friday Destruction night and it lived up to it's name. There was an awesome flagpole race that I got some cool pictures of. At the end there was a Dukes of Hazzard jump. I think there were about 12 cars/trucks. The last one was a t-top camero or something like that and it went 112 feet. One guy lost his back axel and another lost his front. I'm so happy that it's racing season.

Saturday we were to meet with the pastor, however, he forget and didn't show up. So we went up to the Harley dealer and joined in on the pig roast they were having. Pete talked more to the dealer about his bike and got all excited. Saturday night we took Grandma to the Glockenspeil for dinner. We talked about the wedding and told her some of the details. Then we went to The Anoka River Run and walked around. It was the first night and not many cars, but still cool. I told Pete that I thought it was cool that this was something that the city ok'd. When I was in school the thing to do was cruise the mainstreet. People would come out with families in lawn chairs after dinner & sit along the mainstreet to watch the cars. Only it got to be too much for the downtown and people living nearby complained. This River Run show blocks off several blocks for cars. Only they advertise and get people into the downtown stores and restaurants. We're going to go back again one of the weekends when it's got more cars.

Sunday we got up and ran down to the gun/knife show in Anoka. Nothing was purchased, but it was entertaining. Then we went to meet with the pastor. He was incredibly nice and didnt' charge for the meeting with him, only the compatability test. Pete giggled during the test and we talked about some of the questions afterwards. I can't wait to see where our strengths/weaknesses are as a couple. Then we went to the State Capital Building for the 150 year celebration. Can you believe that I have never been in and toured it? We got some cool pictures and even went out on the top where the golden horses are. Then we ran over to the MN History Center to see a copy of the Declaration of Independence. It was cool!!! Pete thought I was a dork, but in true Pete fashion, he never shows it and always goes along with what I want to do. Great man, isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment