Thursday, June 21, 2007

Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star...

Remember that kids song?

Twinkle twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are.
You above the sky so high,
Like a diamond in the night.

Wish I may,
Wish I might,
Have this wish.
I wish tonight.

You're supposed to sing it when you see the first star in the sky and then make a wish.

My wish? It's been the same thing since I was about 14. Actually there was a period when my Mom was going through cancer that I wished for her heath. Other than that, every star had the same wish.

I wish that I would have a man to share my life with, one who loves me as much as I love him.

I think I have it. I really do. Ironically I thought that once I had it, I'd stop wishing on that star. Only I still use it. I still wish. In fact, I did so last night and the night before.

My wish now? I wish that this man and I will survive, that we will be together for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment